BlogEngine upgrade from 2.9 to 3.1

imageThough the version jump from 2.9 to 3.1 may not seem like to much of a jump, it did not go easy for me.  It failed the first few times.  I tried following the directions at dotNetBlogEngine.net, but that was unsuccessful… all my existing posts would not show.

I finally found a comment to a post on CodePlex for problems migrating from 2.7 to 3.0 where user MGD_King shared what worked for him. 

MGD_King

Sep 22 at 9:34 AM

I had a similar issue when I upgraded. What I found was I had to delete all of the previous contents of my App_Data folder and use the stock files in order to get the Admin panel to work. Then I manually copied over my Posts, Pages, and Files directories and then manually set up all of my widgets.

http://blogengine.codeplex.com/discussions/568018

This new approach worked for me and I wanted to share it so maybe you found this solution a bit easier to find.

One thought on “BlogEngine upgrade from 2.9 to 3.1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.